You are hereAbout
Camp Gilbert is:
• a camp for kids with diabetes ages 8-18.
• an opportunity to make lasting friendships with other kids who have diabetes.
• a camp with swimming, canoeing, crafts, fireside sings-a-longs, games and more.
• a time for learning, with educational sessions covering nutrition, exercise and lifestyle management.
• an opportunity for high school campers to participate in a special leadership program.
• a week of playing, learning and growing.
The Camp Gilbert staff provides medical assistance for campers around the clock and includes:
• social workers
• diabetes educators
• adult volunteers
• experienced camp counselors
Camp Gilbert is run largely by volunteers and depends on community support for funding. Gifts of time and talent, along with financial gifts, are always needed and welcome. In 2007, the organizing committee of Camp Gilbert became Camp Gilbert, Inc., a not-for-profit organization.